The heart chakra, also called Anahata in sanskrit, it’s the fourth chakra of the seven main chakra system and it translates into “unhurt, unstruck, and unbeaten”.
Its psychological development occurs between the age of 21 and 28 and it’s all about love and the flow and exchange of emotional sharing between us and all others. The heart is the center in us which maintains the balance between receiving and giving.
As the middle Chakra, it acts as the unifier of the three lower Chakras and the three upper ones. It is where the “divine” and “human” aspects meet and the door to true transcendence is finally opened. This transcendence is a unique feeling and at the same time expression of true unconditional love.
Most people in western society have an energy blockage between solar plexus and heart chakra, most of us live in the ‘I’ instead of ‘we’ feeling. This leads often to separation, conflict, and lack of empathy and inability to “let it go”.
It is associated with the air element and therefore with our lungs and also with the sense of touch, and therefore with our hands.
A balanced heart chakra manifest itself by true unconditional love and acceptance for ourselves and others, generosity, dedication, empathy, compassion, trust, acceptance, forgiveness.
Where is the Heart Chakra located?
The Heart chakra is located at the lower center of the chest. It is associated with the heart, but also with the:
– lungs – as its main element is the “air” element;
– thymus gland – responsible for hormone production and important in the regulation of the immune system.
– arms and hands – since they are an extension of the Heart Chakra field as this is the only Chakra with and horizontal axis – therefore extending towards the upper limbs.
Heart Chakra Symbol, what does it mean?
12 petals represents the 12 divine qualities associated with the heart – peace, bliss, love, harmony, empathy, understanding, purity, clarity, compassion, unity, forgiveness, and kindness.
The downward-pointing triangle interlaced with an upward-pointing triangle, forming a six-pointed star or hexagon, represent the male and female energies, the inhale and exhale, the divine and material/ human unified.
The green color is the color of nature, equilibrium, life, and growth.
Is my Heart Chakra out of balance?
There is many different manifestations of imbalance in the solar plexus chakra, they may become visible on your physical body or manifest in a more emotional or mental way.
Take a look a the most common manifestations of imbalance of the heart chakra:
|Asthma||Fear of abandonment||Bitterness|
|Lung infections||Being overly defensive||Rejection|
|Heart-related issues: hypertension, arrhythmia||Loneliness||Hate|
|Feeling of a pressing weight on the chest||Insensitivity||Grudge|
how can i balance my heart chakra?
There is many ways you can improve the health of your heart chakra. Here are some tips:
- Food, through the ingestion of green foods, green vegetables (especially leafy and cruciferous ones like kale, lettuces, spinach, chard, bok choy, collard greens and broccoli).
- Aromatherapy (essential oils or incense): Rose, geranium, neroli, ylang ylang, jasmine, bergamot
- Mudra: Prithivi Mudra and Akash Mudra (Women should bring together the thumb and ring finger of the left hand and the thumb and middle finger of the right hand while the men should do the opposite.
- Mantra: YAM (listen here); “I am open to give and receive”, “My heart is open”,
- Crystals: Emerald, rose quarz, jade, green calcite
- Yoga positions like: Locust Pose (Shalabhasana), Camel Pose (Ustrasana), Fish Pose (Matsyasana), Puppy or melting heart pose (Uttana Shishosana), Uppward Plank Pose (Purvottanasana)
Share this with you family and friends!
Ready to start your practice?
- Discover the 3 body types according to Ayurveda – Doshas
- Dosha Test
- How to clean yoga mats naturally? 3 natural ways to clean your and your children’s yoga mat
- Why Yoga for Children? Reason nr 1…
- What is the 7th Chakra? Explore the Crown Chakra, aka Sahasrara because you are connected!