The solar plexus chakra, also called Manipura in sanskrit, it’s the third chakra of the seven main chakra system and it translates into “city of jewels”.
Its psychological development occurs between the age of 14 and 21 and it’s related to finding out what one really wants and what one’s sources of strength are. It is in this stage that one consolidates the sense of “I” or Self and the Ego is established.
Looking into this year group, teenagers look for the self-identification or realization and that may not look like a consistent path, exactly because they are still trying to find themselves. While insecurities rise at this point, so does their identity comes into a place of knowing what they identify themselves with or not.
It is associated with the fire element, which powers the strong sense of drive and will to act and react in the world. People who lack the sense of power are too afraid and doubtful to even set a goal, while others with an excessive solar plexus energy might stride forward without any consideration and sensitivity.
This balance in the solar plexus chakra is achieved by overcoming obstacles and self-discipline. It is also the ability to look at the external world and the internal world and consciously act rather than react.
A balanced solar plexus chakra manifest itself by a strong sense of will, power, identity ambition, excellence, determination, courage, independence, confidence, resilience, self-dignity.
Where is the Solar Plexus Chakra located?
The Solar Plexus chakra is located in the solar plexus area – upper part of the belly, where the diaphragm rests;
The Sacral Chakra is also associated with the pancreas and all the digestive system: stomach, liver, bowels.
Solar Plexus Chakra Symbol, what does it mean?
Manipura means the “city of jewels”
10 petals represents the 10 forms of subtle energy (vayus) or the 10 obstacles to overcome: sadness, foolishness, delusion, disgust, fear, shame, treachery, jeolousy, ambition, ignorance.
The Downward-pointing Triangle symbolizes the radiation of energy, will and power into the world.
The Yellow color represents pure energy, clarity, joy and optimism. It is related to the power of the sun and fire.
Is my Solar Plexus Chakra out of balance?
There is many different manifestations of imbalance in the solar plexus chakra, they may become visible on your physical body or manifest in a more emotional or mental way.
Take a look a the most common manifestations of imbalance of the solar plexus chakra:
|Pain in the upper abdomen||Lack of self-discipline||Fear of Failure|
|Sensitive stomach||Egotistic||Social resistance|
|Irritable bowel syndrome||Victim-mentality||Helplessness|
|Constipation or diarrhea||Manipulation||Reactive|
how can i balance my solar plexus chakra?
There is many ways you can improve the health of your sacral chakra. Here are some tips:
- Food, through the ingestion of yellow foods (like yellow pepper, corn, yellow lentils, and bananas), foods that provide lasting energy such as complex carbohydrates and whole grains.
- Aromatherapy (essential oils or incense): Chamomile, bergamot, cedarwood, rosemary
- Breath of Fire (breathwork), read more here;
- Mudra: Matangi Mudra (place the hands together, keep your middle fingers touching while crossing the other fingers – left fingers over the right ones)
- Mantra: RAM (listen here);
- Crystals: Red Coral, Citrine, Yellow Jasper
- Yoga positions like: Upward plank pose (Purvottanasana), Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana), Boat Pose (Navasana)
Share this with your family and friends!
Ready to start your practice?
- What is the 7th Chakra? Explore the Crown Chakra, aka Sahasrara because you are connected!
- What is the 6th Chakra? Explore the Third Eye Chakra, aka Anja because you are Intuitive!
- What is the 5th Chakra? Explore the Throat Chakra, aka Vishuddha because you are Pure!
- What is the 4th Chakra? Explore the Heart Chakra, aka Anahata because you are Love!
- What is the 3rd Chakra? Explore the Solar Plexus Chakra, aka Manipura because you are powerful!