The throat chakra, also called Vishuddha in sanskrit, it’s the fifth chakra of the seven main chakra system and it translates into “especially pure”.
Its psychological development occurs between the age of 28 and 35 and it’s all about the authentic expression of truth.
When balanced, the throat chakra fosters clear, concise and honest communication. Speaking rudely, out of turn, or maliciously are common indicators your fifth chakra needs attention. An out of balance throat chakra may reflect into gossiping and even verbal aggression but can also be under active by the fear of public speaking or expression of feelings, thoughts or ideas.
It is here where this bridge between the inner world and outer world meet for a unifying one of expression and experiencing, of speaking and listening, of hearing and being heard.
There is no point accumulating knowledge, truth, intuition and beautiful feelings within ourselves without any release. This chakra tells us that we are here to convey and to share to benefit and serve our surroundings – as our sharing can promote beauty, peace and awareness in the world around us.
A balanced throat chakra manifest itself by being able to freely live and express one’s inner truth in a sensitivity matter and with a purpose but also when to remain reserved and quiet and just to listen when we are asked to do so.
Where is the Throat Chakra located?
The throat chakra is located at the level of the throat and associated with the thyroid, which regulates the processing of energy in the body through temperature, growth, and in large parts, metabolism.
It is also related to the pharyngeal and brachial plexus and is connected to the mouth, jaws, tongue, pharynx and palate. It’s is also linked to the shoulders and the neck.
Throat Chakra Symbol, what does it mean?
16 petals represents the sixteen vowels of sanskrit, signifying the airy quality of communication. This is why a blocked throat chakra influences the ability to communicate.
The Circle represents the full moon – a purified mind.
The Inverted Triangle represents a channel to our consciousness and soul, the top and wider part represents the gathering of information (assimilation).
The blue color is associated with confidence, truth, wisdom, and faith.
Is my Throat Chakra out of balance?
There is many different manifestations of imbalance in the throat chakra, they may become visible on your physical body or manifest in a more emotional or mental way.
Take a look a the most common manifestations of imbalance of the throat chakra:
|thyroid problems||Excessive fear of speaking||inability to express thoughts|
|sore throat||Small, imperceptible voice||insensitivity|
|mouth ulcers||Not being able to keep secrets||dishonesty|
|hearing difficulty||Telling lies||timidity or shyness|
|neck ache||Lack of control over one’s speech||compulsive talking|
how can i balance my throat chakra?
There is many ways you can improve the health of your heart chakra. Here are some tips:
- Food, through the ingestion of blue foods, like blueberries. Fruits in general balance this chakra, especially those that grow on trees like apples, pears, peaches, apricots, and plums.
- Aromatherapy (essential oils or incense): Peppermint, eucalyptus, clove, tee tree
- Mudra: Vishuddha Mudra – interlace your fingers, bringing the tips of the thumbs to touch and the palms facing up
- Mantra: HAM (listen here); “I open myself to the power of words“, “I speak the truth”
- Crystals: Lapis lazuli, turquoise, aquamarine
- Yoga positions like: Plow (Halasana), Supported Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana), King Pigeon (Kapotasana), Bridge (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
Share this with you family and friends!
Ready to start your practice?
- What is the 7th Chakra? Explore the Crown Chakra, aka Sahasrara because you are connected!
- What is the 6th Chakra? Explore the Third Eye Chakra, aka Anja because you are Intuitive!
- What is the 5th Chakra? Explore the Throat Chakra, aka Vishuddha because you are Pure!
- What is the 4th Chakra? Explore the Heart Chakra, aka Anahata because you are Love!
- What is the 3rd Chakra? Explore the Solar Plexus Chakra, aka Manipura because you are powerful!