The crown chakra, also called Sahasrara in sanskrit, it’s the seventh chakra of the seven main chakra system and it translates into “infinite”.
There is no determined psychological development but normally it occurs from the age of 42 and onward and it’s all about returning to one’s original spiritual nature and home.
The challenges brought upon with this chakra are related with releasing the ego and gaining the trust in guidance of the universe. When we think we already know, we eliminate possibilities and opportunities, and get blinded by our known world, our safe box. When this chakra is open, we are open to get out of the box and explore, keep learning and understanding that we belong to something much bigger than us.
The Sahasrara is believed to be the home of Shiva, a deity that represents pure consciousness. The goal of balancing the seventh chakra is to locate Shiva and achieve the union with Shakti, which represents power, as it travels from the lower chakras all the way to the top. Once both divine forces are unified, the ultimate awakening from the world of illusion (Maya) can be achieved.
This mythological view represents the energy flow from the bottom chakras all the way up to higher consciousness states. When our needs are met, our survival is not on the quest, our will is not guided by our ego and the already learned and known knowledge, we can be open minded and therefore unify our individual self with the collective consciousness.
A balanced crown chakra manifest itself by the feeling of oneness, bliss, happiness, inner peace, trust in life, emotional stability and clarity of mind.
Where is the Crown Chakra located?
The crown chakra is located at the center of the top of the head. Many defend that it looks that a crown that radiates outward, therefore its name.
It is primarily associated to the pituitary gland, and secondarily to the pineal and the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland work in pair to regulate the endocrine system. It is therefore related with the brain and the whole nervous system, it impacts body functions such as the regulation of temperature, balance, sleep, heart rate, breathing, coordination and many other critical processes.
Crown Chakra Symbol, what does it mean?
1000 petals represents the full blossoming of consciousness, the lotus flower symbolizes prosperity and eternity of these integral connections.
Circle represents the full moon, openness, awakening of the conscious mind
Sahasrara translates into “infinite”, space or nothingness, self-transcedence, oneness
Violet and White color are associated with purity, forgivness and renewal
Is my Crown Chakra out of balance?
There is many different manifestations of imbalance in the crown chakra, they may become visible on your physical body or manifest in a more emotional or mental way.
Take a look a the most common manifestations of imbalance of the crown chakra:
|Chronic fatigue||Closed-mindedness||Fear of the unknown|
|Migraines||Disconnection with the world||Fear of death|
|Chronic headaches||Disconnection with the divine||Boredom and frustration|
|Neurological or endocrine disorders||Obsessive attachment to spiritual matters|
|Sensitivity to light and sound||Depression|
how can i balance my crown chakra?
There is many ways you can improve the health of your heart chakra. Here are some tips:
- Food, through the ingestion of light raw foods and superfoods, water, white and golden foods.
- Aromatherapy (essential oils or incense): jasmine, rose, lavender, sandalwood, frankincense and myrrh
- Mudra: interlace the fingers, right thumb on top, bringing the pinky fingers to touch and pointing up
- Mantra: OM or AH (listen here); “I honor myself and everything around me” or silence
- Crystals: Celestite, Clear Quartz, Spirit Quartz
- Yoga positions like: Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana), Lotus Pose(Padmasana), Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana), Reclining Bound Angle (Supta Baddha Konasana)
Share this with you family and friends!
Ready to start your practice?
- What is the 7th Chakra? Explore the Crown Chakra, aka Sahasrara because you are connected!
- What is the 6th Chakra? Explore the Third Eye Chakra, aka Anja because you are Intuitive!
- What is the 5th Chakra? Explore the Throat Chakra, aka Vishuddha because you are Pure!
- What is the 4th Chakra? Explore the Heart Chakra, aka Anahata because you are Love!
- What is the 3rd Chakra? Explore the Solar Plexus Chakra, aka Manipura because you are powerful!