The thrird eye chakra, also called Anja in sanskrit, it’s the sixth chakra of the seven main chakra system and it translates into “command” and “perceiving”.
Its psychological development occurs between the age of 35 and 42 and it’s all about perception and discrimination.
While all other Chakras are related to different instincts, impulses, wills, feelings, emotions and experiences, the Third Eye Chakra is supposed to be the one supervising them all. It is the eye of the soul, but this eye does not only see, it also understands.
At the level of the third eye chakra, the three main nadis – ida, pingala and sushumna – merge into one stream of consciousness and flow up to the crown Chakra. This nadis are the highways where the vital force – prana, flows through the spine.
This point is then the source of inner guidance, and the “eye of intuition”. If we do a simple analogy, the third eye works like an antenna, it perceives information, mostly from the internal world and translates that information through insights.
When too many thoughts live within and contradictory inner and outer voices arise, our judgement is compromised. Confusion arises when we cannot see things clearly as they are. Even known that periods of confusion are necessary for the development of a higher clarity in our third eye, that is only possible when we can clear our mind, take some distance from everything and to purely observe.
That is the reason why meditation and mindfulness practices are so important, they allow us to clear our mind of thoughts so that we can see clearly.
A balanced third eye chakra manifest itself by being realistic, watchful, attentive, perceptive, curious, silent and intuitive.
Where is the Third Eye Chakra located?
The third eye chakra is located on the forehead, between the eyebrows, at the bridge of the nose.
It is associated to the pineal gland which regulates the circadian cycle – sleep and wake time. It’s positioned close to the optical nerves, and as such, sensitive to visual stimulation and changes in lighting. It is also related with the altered or “mystical” states of consciousness.
Third Eye Chakra Symbol, what does it mean?
2 petals represents the duality, the two sides of the brain and the two parts of the pituitary gland, also the sun and the moon.
Downward facing triangle represents the connection to the divine and the true enlightenment
Anja translates into “command”, higher understanding and wisdom that guides us
The indigo color is associated with royalty, wisdom, mystery, magic and faith
Is my Third Eye Chakra out of balance?
There is many different manifestations of imbalance in the third eye chakra, they may become visible on your physical body or manifest in a more emotional or mental way.
Take a look a the most common manifestations of imbalance of the third eye chakra:
|Psychiatric disorders||Confusion, lack of clarity||Arrogance|
|Eye problems||Not knowing what is true||Fear|
|Hear problems||Over analytical||Anxiety|
|Insomnia||Rejection of everything spiritual||Worry|
how can i balance my third eye chakra?
There is many ways you can improve the health of your heart chakra. Here are some tips:
- Food, through the ingestion of purple-red foods like eggplant, purple kale, purple grapes, raisins and plums and blue-green algae
- Aromatherapy (essential oils or incense): Clary Sage, Rosemary, Sandalwood
- Mudra: Gyan Mudra – bring the thumb to touch the index finger, extend the remain fingers
- Mantra: OM (listen here); “I trust my intuition”, “I experience clarity everyday”
- Crystals: Amethyst, Moldavite, Purple Fluorite
- Yoga positions like: Child’s Pose (Balasana), Wide-Legged Forward Fold (Prasarita Padottanasana), Pyramid pose (Parsvottanasana), Humble Warrior
Share this with you family and friends!
Ready to start your practice?
- What is the 7th Chakra? Explore the Crown Chakra, aka Sahasrara because you are connected!
- What is the 6th Chakra? Explore the Third Eye Chakra, aka Anja because you are Intuitive!
- What is the 5th Chakra? Explore the Throat Chakra, aka Vishuddha because you are Pure!
- What is the 4th Chakra? Explore the Heart Chakra, aka Anahata because you are Love!
- What is the 3rd Chakra? Explore the Solar Plexus Chakra, aka Manipura because you are powerful!