The sacral chakra, also called Svadhishthana in sanskrit, it’s the second chakra of the seven main chakra system and it translates into “where your being is established.”
Its psychological development occurs between the age of 7 and 14 and it’s to begin with our ability to be creative, emotional, and in tune with ourselves and others.
As it develops it becomes also the center of pleasure, enjoyment and passion not only for other but life itself. In females, enables reproduction, the survival of the species, birth, and creation of the new (qualities that are seen in man in the root chakra)
Qualities seen in children and young teens like aliveness, humor, flexibility, playfulness, enthusiasm, passion and curiosity are qualities from the sacral chakra.
The problem is that nowadays we are not given too many opportunities to be creative. Our education is highly standardized not leaving enough room for this creative moments to occur. In order to maintain this qualities as an adult, consider giving yourself activities that promote creativity, like drawing, painting, gardening, painting, playing games, etc. that will allow you to use the same creative power when it comes to problem solving and dealing with new situations. Because it is related with the element “water”, allows you to flow with life.
A balanced sacral chakra manifest itself by being able to source energy for creativity, movement, procreation, desire, pleasure, and relationships. It also means contentment with our own body, contentment in relationships both at an emotional and physical levels.
Where is the Root Chakra located?
The sacral chakra is located above the spleen, in the lumbar region, just above the sexual organs, and beneath the navel.
The Sacral Chakra is also associated with the sexual glands, lymphatic system, abdominal organs (lower abdomen) – organs which regulate the water balance in our body – kidneys and urinary system.
Sacral Chakra Symbol, what does it mean?
The Six Petals symbolize the qualities that must be overcome – anger, jealousy, cruelty, hatred, pride and desire
The Circle represents the cycle of nature, birth, death and rebirth
The Two Concentric Circles symbolizes the moon cycles, chaos, never-ending change and constant movement.
The orange color represents activity and aliveness as well as purity
Is my Sacral Chakra out of balance?
There is many different manifestations of imbalance in the sacral chakra, they may become visible on your physical body or manifest in a more emotional or mental way.
Take a look a the most common manifestations of imbalance of the sacral chakra:
|Chronic lower back pain||Addiction||Repressed emotions|
|Ovarian cysts||Lack of creativity||Frustration|
|Urinary tract infections||Pessimism||Over emotional|
|Kidney and bladder problems||Sexual obsessions||Out of touch with yourself|
|Impotence||Lack of sexual desire||Depression|
how can i balance my sacral chakra?
There is many ways you can improve the health of your sacral chakra. Here are some tips:
- Food, through the ingestion of orange foods, nuts and seeds, juicy and oily vegetables (like avocado and coconut)
- Aromatherapy (essential oils or incense): orange, rose, cardamom, ylang ylang
- Breath of Fire (breathwork), read more here;
- Mudra: Dhyani mudra (place the hands on your lap with the palms facing up, rest your right palm on the top of the left, bring the tips of the thumbs to touch)
- Mantra: VAM (listen here); “I am a creative being”, “Life is a divine gift that I want, and I am allowed to enjoy.”
- Crystals: fire agate, orange tourmaline, tiger eye
- Yoga positions like: Cobra pose (Bhujangasana), Hare or Rabbit pose (Sasakasana), Bow pose (Dhanurasana), Goddess Pose (Utkata Konasana)
Share this with your family and friends!
Ready to start your practice?
- Types of Yoga – which is the best for me?
- Discover the 3 body types according to Ayurveda – Doshas
- Dosha Test
- How to clean yoga mats naturally? 3 natural ways to clean your and your children’s yoga mat
- Why Yoga for Children? Reason nr 1…
types of yoga Yoga has become a popular practice nowadays, but there is so many…
the 3 body types according to ayurveda- doshas Ayurveda has more than 10 000 years…
HOW TO CLEAN YOGA MATS NATURALLY? 3 natural ways to clean your and your children’s…
To Provide Essential Tools, Resources, Knowledge To Thrive In Life Why Yoga for Children? “Yoga…
The crown chakra, also called Sahasrara in sanskrit, it’s the seventh chakra of the seven…